Monday, November 17, 2008

Hot Drinks for Hot Mamas Apron Swap

The Hot Drinks for Hot Mamas Apron Swap ended a while ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting about it. It was a really fun swap and I enjoyed it very much. Here's the apron I got from my partner Yvonne. I think it is so cute.


She did a really great job! She included lots of other goodies too, which I forgot to take pictures of. She told me that the pattern came from the A is for Apron book which really excited me since I had just ordered it and was waiting on it to arrive, which I mentioned to her in my thank you note. She was so sweet and wrote me a note back letting me know of some mistakes in the instructions in the book. Since Yvonne was so kind to share them with me, I'll pass them along.

page 40 "Cakeland"
1/2 yard for overlayer
3/4 yard for underlayer
1/4 yard for pocket

page 47 "Lemon Meringue"
3/4 yard for front
2 packages rickrack

page 88 "Pop Beads"
1 yd. of 3/4" grosgrain ribbon

page 104 "Wash Day"
1 1/2 yards oil cloth

Thanks again Yvonne!!!

Here's the apron I sent to my partner, Patty. Her favorite color is red as well, so I figured if I made something I liked, that hopefully she would like it too. Since we don't have a really great selection of fabric in Starkville, I couldn't find any fabric to fit the theme, so I decided to appliqué some coffee cups onto the pockets. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. When I heard from Patty, she told me she liked it, and that made me very happy. The pattern is Lorelei from the A is for Apron book and I just love it.

Here's a close up of one of the pockets.

During the time the swap was going on, I was in the Dollar Tree and saw a cute little cross stitch pattern. I haven't cross stitched in ten years but it fit the theme so well that I had to make it. I was going to make something cute with it but ran out of time, so I just put a red backing on it and sent it like it was.


I've really enjoyed participating in apron swaps, they're a lot of fun. If you want to participate in a swap, but aprons aren't your thing, take a look at Swapdex. It gathers together all of the swaps out there on the interwebs and conveniently puts them in one place.

In between playing Animal Crossing this week, I'll be finishing up aprons for two holiday swaps: The Winter Sassy Apron Swap and the Holiday Hostess Flirty Apron Swap.
I'll post pictures of those when I know my partners have received them. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute aprons!:)

And FYI...Vera Bradley.com has some items on clearance...I got a pair of Daisy Daisy pajama pants....but I also saw some aprons on there. You might take a look. And your elephant print background had several items in stock on clearance. Take a peek if you get a chance.

God Bless,
Amy:)

Madeline said...

Those are some fabulous aprons. You did an awesome job on yours. What a seamstress you are!

Dr. Wifey said...

those aprons are super cute! i love the coffee/mocha themes on them both