Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shopping trip 2-09-10

Like I said yesterday, I'm trying to get back into couponing and stockpiling, so I thought I'd share my shopping trips with you.

Kroger














Nature Valley granola bars (50 cent coupon, doubled)
Fiber One bars (40 cent coupon, doubled)
2 Old El Paso heat and serve rice pouches (2 - 50 cent coupons, doubled)
Old El Paso Fajita seasoning
Mission tortillas (50 cent coupon, doubled)
Kroger sugar
3 cans of Rotel ($1 coupon)
4 cans Hunt's diced tomatoes ($1 coupon)
5 cans Hunt's tomato sauce ($1 coupon)
16 oz. bag Kroger shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz. bag Kroger shredded mozzarella cheese
Kroger butter (free coupon)
Softsoap hand soap (35 cent coupon, doubled)
2 20oz Cokes (free coupons for both)
2 Sister Schubert rolls (2- $1 coupons)
2 Toaster Strudels (55 cents off 2 coupon, doubled)
Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer ($1 coupon)
1 DiGiorno Pizza ($4 coupon)
Most of the items I bought were part of the Buy 10, get $5 off Mega Sale, so I saved $10 that way.
I had $15.33 worth of manufacture's coupon savings, $4.35 worth of bonus coupons (from the ones that doubled), saved 19.99 by using my Kroger card and got $10 off from the items I purchased that were part of the Mega Event sale. That made a total savings of $49.67, 67% off the original price, so I only paid $26.58 for all of those groceries.


CVS



















3 boxes Ritz crackers ($1 coupon)
2 boxes Wheat Thins ($1 coupon)
Gillette Fusion razor ($4 coupon)
Used $5 worth of Extra Care Bucks from last week, and paid $9.32 out of pocket. I also got back $7 worth of ECBs that I'll use for another transaction later this week.


Walgreens



















1st Transaction:
Dove for Men Body Wash. Used a $1.25 coupon, paid $5.16 out of pocket and got back a Register Reward coupon for $6.

2nd Transaction:
Gillette deodorant ($1 coupon)
2 Kotex products ($1 coupon)
Used the $6 RR from 1st transaction, and paid $2.69 out of pocket. Got back $4.50 in Register Rewards.















3rd Transaction:
Whitman's chocolate ($4.99 with Walgreen's coupon, stacked with a $1 Mfg. coupon)
Gillette Fusion shave gel ($1.99 with Walgreen's coupon, stacked with a $1 Mfg. coupon)
Dayquil ($2 coupon)
4 Valentine bags
Used the $4.50 in Register Rewards from 2nd transaction and paid $4.84 out of pocket.

Walgreens' policy is that you can't have more coupons than you have items, so since I stacked store coupons and manufacture coupons, and had Register Reward coupons, I got the Valentine bags as cheap "fillers" to have the same number of items as I had coupons.

Total spent for the day: $48.59
Total saved for the day: $100.75

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Girl! If you lived closer I would hire you as a personal shopper.

Shelby said...

Man, I was just about to say something similar to Deanna -- if I could afford it, I'd fly you here so you could teach me how to do that. And I SWEAR I will NEVER understand the CVS stuff. You did AMAZING!!

And can I pout just a little bit cuz I don't have Kroger here?

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What are your hints for the best way to coupon. I live in a very small town. Love the birthday cake. Jackie

Sonya Ann said...

You did great! I've been trying to lean how to "do" the deals. It's not going as well for me as for you.
Have a great weekend!