Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Thursday and Friday were both very busy with cooking and volunteering at the school. Between Thursday morning and Friday morning, I baked, cooked, and/or decorated: 5 dozen cupcakes, 7 dozen cookies (2 dozen of which were decorated as footballs), 2 dozen muffins, a batch of magic cookie bars, 6 quiche, 4 individual size quiche, 3 individual size casseroles, gelatin salad, and pasta salad.

After spending most of the day at the school Friday, Mr. McHacker and I went to see his parents who were camping in West Point. There's a really nice campground a few miles outside of the town. I was pretty tired so I crashed when we got home, I fell asleep during the debate, and didn't wake up until around 10:00 Saturday morning.

Yesterday we went back to the campground and took our friends L and R with us. Mr. McHacker and R had the great idea of asking Mom and Dad to bring the turkey fryer with them, so we brought the turkey and oil, L brought potato salad, and Mom supplied the french fries, pie, gelatin salad and sweet tea, and we had a really awesome meal. We had a great time. We even played on the playground like a bunch of overgrown kids. :-) When we got back home last night, we watched a bunch of episodes of Battlestar Galactica. We've just started season 3. It's such a fun show. I stayed up way too late and slept until 2 this afternoon. It felt SO good to sleep until I felt like waking up. I know all you folks with kids are jealous. ;-) just joking.

I haven't done anything productive today other than going to to drugstore and balancing the checkbook. I guess I'll go try to do something worthwhile until it's time to do whatever I need to for supper. L and R are coming over for leftovers and we'll probably watch more Battlestar. As much as I want a baby, it sure is nice to have weekends like this were I can just do what I want and enjoy time with adults. I know I'm going to miss having times like these one day so I'm going to take full advantage of it while I can.

When I find my camera, I'm going to post a picture of the adorable apron I got in the Sassy Apron Swap, so that post will be coming up soon. I hope y'all are having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that's a lot of cooking/baking! I'm tired just thinking about it. :-)

And yes, sleeping in on the weekend is a big luxury for those with children! That's true! I can remember thinking I would never get sleep again (when my boys were younger) but then I blinked and they grew up.

I can take a long Sunday afternoon nap and not worry about them now. :-) The simple pleasures of life...

Tassie said...

that's a lot of cooking!

are you watching the original Battlestar? I think I remember those vaguely from my youth...

Madeline said...

After all that cooking you deserved a good long snooze. Babies definitely put a damper on sleeping in on the weekends! Luckily they come with other perks. Enjoy the sleep while you still can. :)

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

gosh this is making me exhausted reading it.. you are a cooking crazy.. wow good going!!!

Buzzard Roost Babe said...

Im tired now!!Ha! Ha!