Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cotton District Arts Festival

Last Saturday was the Cotton District Arts Festival. It was fun, but I didn't take enough pictures. We're lucky enough to live next to where all of the activities were taking place, so we didn't have to worry about parking and pesky things like that. On our walk, The first thing I noticed was that the irises that I had been waiting to see bloom, were in bloom. This picture doesn't do them justice, they were much more beautiful in person.
So we're about to walk into the madness.
We walked around and looked at all the booths and various things for sale. I saw a thousand things I wanted, but weren't in my price range. It was lots of fun to see what everyone had made and was selling, and it gave me lots of ideas of things I would like to make myself. This is where I didn't take enough pictures :-)
There's always a bagpipe parade, which I think is pretty awesome.
After we walked around till we were tired, we went to a cookout at the house of a friend who lives down the street. That was a lot of fun because it seems like all of our friends stop in there at some point during the day, so we were able to visit with several friends while we were there. Then we went home and I took a nap so that I could be rested up for the music festival that night. I'll write about that soon (hopefully tomorrow).

Here are some pictures from last year's CDAF. I never posted them last year, so better late than never, right?
The crowd.

Bagpipe Parade

I don't remember what group/club sponsored this, but there were all of these bulldogs that people had painted to represent various movies. They were auctioned off as a fund raiser of some sort. I love them and took lots of pictures of them.




They didn't have the painted bulldogs this year, but they had lots of other cool stuff. If you've never been, you should come to Starkville for the Cotton District Arts Festival next year.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

That looks like such fun! We love a good festival.

Deanna said...

I need to add that to my calendar! Looks like so much fun.