Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Clean clothes

The day I hurt my back so bad was the day of my anniversary. It was also the day I was going to do laundry. Our tiny little apartment doesn't have a washer and dryer, so we still have to go the local laund-ro-mat to wash our clothes. Let me tell you, if you want to see some crazy folks, go to the University Drive laundromat, I think that's where crazy originated.

So anyway, when I hurt myself of course I couldn't drag the 50 pound bags of dirty clothes around. So it didn't get done. Until yesterday. Have you every tried going two weeks past laundry day? It was turning into a sad situation. We were down to our last pairs of underwear, you know, the ones you save for special occasions. So, since I was feeling pretty good yesterday, Mr. McHacker took off from work after lunch and we spent the remainder of the afternoon "doin' clothes." I know you envy my exciting life.

I guess the crazies don't like getting out in the middle of the day on a Monday, because it was surprisingly dull at the laund-ro-mat. That's usually not the case. I have literally had to ask a woman to stop smoking while I was folding my clothes (hello I go to there to get my clothes CLEAN), go outside to keep from feeling uncomfortable during a "domestic argument," restrain myself from saying anything to people who cuss their children, restrain myself from cussing those kids myself, and oh, the cell phone conversations I've overheard! I won't even go there. But anyway, it sure is nice to have clean underwear.

2 comments:

Tassie said...

have you been to the laundromat on louisville street? wash depot? we've been there before when our washer wasn't working and it wasn't too bad.

Pleasant Living said...

That's hysterical! Yeah, I can't imagine having to do laundry outside of my home. Although, I don't exactly have the best set up either, my washer and dryer are in two different locations do to the "modern" conveniences of my 1950s home. One day we'll grow up and actually have houses with laundry rooms.