Saturday, July 19, 2008

A little better

Okay, so I went to the chiropractor yesterday and I didn't think it really helped much yesterday but today I'm thinking that maybe it did.

He did x-rays and and exam. I was in a lot of pain, and wasn't comprehending everything he said too well and didn't ask enough questions. But from what I understand and saw in the x-ray, there are a few things wrong. My spine is curved way out of whack to one side, my pelvic/hip bones are misaligned, one is higher than the other and twisted in, and there seems to be some disc thinning or disc degeneration (not sure which) in the lumbar vertebrae. Two of the lower vertebrae are touching and he said looked like they weren't far from being fused together. I'm guessing the pain is from the vertebrae touching (kind of like arthritis?).

I told him I guess I've just been living with it so long I didn't realize how bad it had gotten and he told me "well, it finally caught up with you." So he stretched me a popped me some and it helped a little.

I'm able to move around better today and I don't feel like I'm going to fall down in agony every time I take a step now. I'm going back Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for more treatments and I'm going to try to ask him more questions about what is wrong and what to expect.

For now I'm just taking it easy. I'm kinda bored. I have to lie down a lot and it's hard to read or watch TV or use the computer when you're flat on your back. Sitting for more than a few minutes at a time really hurts, so I can't sit up too long. I've been trying to get up and walk around a little so I don't get so stiff. It's easier to do today than it was yesterday.

I know eventually it will all be better, but I'm a worrier. There are so many unknowns right now that I can't stop worrying about. I went to http://www.biblegateway.com/
to look up a verse and this was the verse of the day: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”- Isaiah 41:10. That was put there for me today.

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Oh, you poor thing! That sounds awful. I'm glad you're feeling a little better though. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I'll be praying for you. :)