Thursday, February 19, 2009

Clumsiness and a pro tip

I can usually manage to keep from hurting myself, but yesterday, my clumsiness caught up with me. It was bound to happen, it's been a while since I've fallen. That's right. I fell. I'm only 30, this shouldn't be a problem yet. At the time, my pride was hurt more than my body, but today I'm feeling it. Apparently, I twisted my ankle, and threw my back out of whack. Again. I'm so stinkin' tired of my back hurting all the time. Ugh. But anyway, I went to my mom's chiropractor again and am feeling a little better. Still hurting, but not as bad.
Yesterday was a slow day at the tax office, but today has been a little busier. Which is good. I hate to be sitting around with nothing to do. A lot of our customers opt to do a refund anticipation loan (RAL) which is supposed to let them get their refund in 1 to 2 days. What they don't understand it that the IRS has to give the okay to the bank that we do the RALs through before we can print their check. And the IRS is being slow about it this week. I hate it for the customers, but there is nothing we can do about it. And getting snippy with us on the phone is not going to make it get here faster. Did I tell you I'm passive aggressive? Well, I am. Case in point: Yesterday we had a lady call us no less than 6 times to ask if her check was here. Each time I was polite and told her no, but that I would call as soon as it came in. By about the third call, she was getting a little snippy. So this morning, her check came in and I called her around 8 o'clock. She was still asleep, but hey, I had told her 6 times that I would call as soon as it came in, right? Pro tip: be nice to your tax preparer, they really are doing all they can to help you. That is until you start getting snippy with them.

5 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

sorry to hear about your back. and i am so clumsy too! note to self: don't get snippy with tax prepper aka hubby :) ha!

Amy said...

From one clumsy girl to another..I'm so sorry. I fell right around Christmas myself...It hurt my pride as much as the knee that I landed on. *Sigh*
I hope that you are feeling better soon.
God Bless,
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

I am the original klutz == were you reading my blog when I fell out of bed and broke my arm last year?!?! Who does that?!? Hope your back is feeling better.

I am our tax preparer and sometimes I feel like getting snippy with myself! I wish they'd just take what they end up getting anyway out of our checks and leave me alone! ;-)

And I like your passive-aggressive revenge! Mwahahahaha....

Madeline said...

Hope you feel better soon. I'm terribly clumsy, so I feel your pain.
My dad's a CPA. I used to work for him during tax season, and I HATED it. People get downright nasty. Good luck to you and your mom. This time of year is a rough one. :)

Mandy said...

Haha! I'm sure she appreciated the wake up call. Hope you are feeling better soon. I swear I have never been ore clumsy in my life than since I've had a child and hit over 30...