Friday, August 15, 2008

Clean sweep and a cake

I've been pretty busy the past couple of days and still have lots to do, but I wanted to make a quick post. Yesterday I decided that I HAD to get the bedroom organized. I am the world's biggest pack-rat and it is starting to show in a bad way. So I figured the only way I was going to get the bedroom in shape was to do a "Clean Sweep" you know, like the show. I hate that show because I always think "I wouldn't let them throw out MY stuff. I HAVE to have my stuff. I can't live without my STUFF!" But alas, it has to be done. So yesterday I took EVERYTHING except furniture out of the bedroom and threw it in the living room floor. I put it there because I knew seeing the piles of stuff in the floor would make me do something. And it did. I spent nine hours cleaning/organizing yesterday. I threw away or gave away at least two dozen pair of shoes (and I thought I wasn't a shoe person HA!). Got rid of BAGS of clothes. Found about eleventy bajillion ponytail holders and clothes that I forgot I owned. But I still have work to do. Part of the reason is that I had to stop and do a cake. It's an anniversary cake for the aunt and uncle of a friend of mine. It's supposed to look like a miniature of their wedding cake from 30 years ago. Here's a pic:

I'm not crazy about it, but I guess it's okay.

Well, I'd better go get back to work. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Madeline said...

Oh, I think it's a lovely cake!

Tassie said...

I think that it's a great cake! I knew you were talented, but not that talented! BTW, I love Clean Sweep!

Unknown said...

Hi Crystal!

I don't remember if I've commented on your blog before, but I just looked at ALL your cake and cookie pictures! I love them!

I am a former teacher, turned stay-at-home-mom, turned amateur cake maker. Would you mind sharing your buttercream recipe? I've tried a few, and just haven't found "THE ONE," yet.

It's humid here, so it has to have shortening. I use a recipe that's pretty much butter, shortening, powdered sugar and extracts, but it's sickeningly sweet.

If you could help, I'd be grateful!

Whitney said...

Cute cake!! :)

Deanna said...

O.K.? O.K.?! I think it is FABULOUS!

Oh, and I will race you for the world's biggest pack rat title!