Sunday, August 10, 2008

More randomness

I feel inadequate as a blogger. Even though I started writing this just for myself, I can't help but feel "not good enough." I read everyone else's posts and they all seem so well thought out and put together and when I post something, this is how it goes: (internal monologue) "I haven't written anything in a couple of days, I guess I should post something." Then I start a new post and pretty much just write whatever comes to mind. Which is exactly what I am doing just now.

Today was a really good day, one of the best days I've had in a while. We got up around 8:00, which is early for a Saturday, and went to the Starkville Community Market. It was pretty cool. We bought some tomatoes and peaches. The peaches are SO GOOD, between Mr. McHacker and myself, we've eaten 6 today. I'm going back next week just to get some more :-) Along with fruits and veggies, there are also people with booths set up to sell breads and baked goods, granola, and craft items. I'm thinking about renting a space and selling aprons and maybe some other handcrafted items. What do y'all think? I noticed that there were a lot of kids there and thought it might be cool to make and sell sock monkeys too. Does that sound crazy? Cause I felt kinda crazy typing it. I had one as a kid and thought it was awesome. I was thinking that moms would like the aprons, kids would like the monkeys, and Crystal would like the money. I want to do something to earn a little money, but I LOVE being able to stay home, so I think this may be a good idea.

So anyway, we also drove over to Columbus and did a little shopping over there. I found some more fabric to use for aprons, a gift to give my MIL for Christmas, and Mr. McHacker found a cool gadget to use with his computer network. I made a yummy supper and we watched an old movie called Inglorious Bastards. Quentin Tarantino is doing a sort of remake of it and since we're big Tarantino fans, we wanted to see the original. It was fun movie, other than all the people getting shot and blown up. After that, Mr. McHacker decided he wanted to watch Half Baked, I'm not really sure why. So we went out to Sam Goody and picked it up. I have never smoked weed in my life, but I think this movie is hilarious and stupid at the same time, I guess pretty much all stoner movies are.

That's enough randomness for now...goodnight.

2 comments:

Tassie said...

My mother goes to the Starkville Community Market almost every Saturday and she loves it. Me, I can't get up early enough to make it into town to enjoy it. She's encouraged me to get a booth to sell my stuff, but I don't have much stuff to sell or much time to make stuff. Your stuff is much better than mine! As for sock monkeys, I think the kids would like them. I worked with a gal in Florida that loved them so much she had a mini one on her keychain. I think you should go for it and I'll know where you are and can visit you sometime!!!

PS-My posts are just as random as yours.

Madeline said...

I like your blog. Don't worry about the randomness. That's half the fun of it.
Selling your stuff at the market is a great idea. I've actually been making sock monkeys and other stuffed critters lately that I'm considering selling. So, I don't think your sock monkey idea is silly at all.
My sister's about to move to Starkville. I'll have to tell her about the Community Market. She'd like that.